Curiosity Collider seems to have started the fall 2018 season with a lot of oomph. They just hosted (along with Nerd Nite Vancouver and Science Slam Canada) a science bar night on September 18, 2018 (as per my September 13, 2018 posting).
Barely a week after the bar night, there’s a Collider Cafe event on September 26, 2018 (from a September 21, 2018 announcement received via email),
When science collides with music and performance,
the beat never stops!
OUR #COLLIDERCAFE IS A SPACE FOR ARTISTS, SCIENTISTS, MAKERS, AND
ANYONE INTERESTED IN ART+SCIENCE. MEET, DISCOVER, CONNECT, CREATE. Are
you curious? Join us at “Collider Cafe: Art. Science. Cadence.” to
explore how art and science intersect in the exploration of curiosity.
When: 8:00pm on Wednesday, September 26, 2018. Doors open at 7:30pm.
COST: $5-10 (sliding scale) cover at the door. Proceeds will be used to
cover the cost of running this event, and to fund future Curiosity
- Devon More, Singer-songwriter & playwright: A Musician Philosophizes Science (talk + performance)
- Kurtis Baute, YouTuber and self-proclaimed Whimsical Scientist: Science Communication needs Imagination
- Douglas Bevans, Artist/musician and business owner: Hot Dog Water: The Musical
- Victoria Gibson, Integrated Media Artist: Art About Science
PLUS, interact with Victoria Gibson’s multimedia installation “Share a tweet” after the event.
Follow updates on twitter via @ccollider or #ColliderCafe.
Head to the Facebook event page – let us know you are coming and share this event with others!Looking for more Art+Science in Vancouver?
- Street party celebrating the launch of Vancouver Biennale‘s CURIOUS IMAGININGS will be on September 22. Get tickets on Eventbrite – each street party ticket includes free access to the exhibition that will “challenge us to explore the social impacts of emerging biotechnology and our ethical limits in an age where genetic engineering and digital technologies are already pushing the boundaries of humanity.”
- Director Valerio Jalongo will be speaking about his documentary “The Sense of Beauty: Art and Science at CERN” at a UBC seminar on Monday Sept 24. The film will be shown on Tuesday Sept 25 at the Cinematheque but free tickets have been sold out. Email organizers to be placed on the waiting list.
- Our friends at the Story Collider will host their second Vancouver event “Catalysts” on Oct 16. Learn more about the event & get tickets on Eventbrite.
- Join the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre in celebrating their 50th anniversary with a very special evening of music under the cosmic visuals of the Planetarium Star Theatre. Purchase your ticket on Eventbrite.For more Vancouver art+science events, visit the Curiosity Collider events calendar.
There you have it!