This morning (June 15, 2012) I got a notice about Suresh Neethirajan’s July 15, 2012 workshop at the upcoming NABEC-CSBE conference in Orillia, Ontario. First, here’s a bit about the conference, from the NABEC-CSBE 2012 Conference webpage,
The organizing committee has the pleasure of inviting you to the 2012 NABEC-CSBE/SCGAB joint meeting and Technical Conference on ecological engineering [July 15 – 18, 2012]. This meeting and technical conference will take place at the Orillia campus of Lakehead University, located in Orillia, Ontario.
This is the time to relax and develop professionally, socialize with your peers at evening receptions, and contribute to your profession. The technical tours will include opportunities to visit the research farms, greenhouses, and other facilities leading the way in renewable energy.
CSBE is Canadian Society for Bioengineering, NABEC is Northeast Agricultural and Biological Engineering Conference- a community of ASABE, and SCGAB is La Société Canadienne de Génie Agroalimentaire et de Bioingénierie.
René Morissette in an Oct. 22, 2011 posting highlighted some of Orillia, Ontario’s appeal,
Located an hour north of Toronto, this area between Lake Simcoe and Georgian Bay, has long been one of Ontario’s premier outdoor playgrounds. Here you will find:
- The longest freshwater beach in the world.
- Some of the best year-round fishing in the province.
- World-renowned golf courses.
- The beautiful scenery captured by the artists of the Group of Seven.
- Canadian author Stephen Leacock’s home.
- The 380 km Trent Severn Waterway with its 45 locks is now used for pleasure craft.
- The antique wooden boats at the Muskoka Boat and Heritage Centre.
- The Holland Marsh a 20,000 acre polder growing seasonal vegetables for the Toronto market.
As for Suresh Neethirajan’s workshop, from the conference’s 2012 program webpage,
Workshop 4 (1:00 PM): Nanotechnology: Exploring Practical Solutions in Agriculture, Food and Biological Systems. Dr. Suresh Neethirajan, PhD., P.Eng, CIM
Thankfully, a commenter (David in a June 15, 2012 comment on my About and Contact page) provided more details,
Time: 1:00 Pm to 4:00 pm
Venue: Lakehead University – Orillia Campus
500 University Avenue, Orillia
Event: Canadian Society for Bioengineering
Presenter: Dr. Suresh Neethirajan, University of Guelph
Web Link: http://www.tinyurl.com/cth5eo9
Who Should Attend: Professionals from the industry, academia and government who are interested in nanotechnology and its applications in the agriculture, food and biological systems.
Workshop Description: The aims of this workshop are to:
• Create awareness about the development and advancement of nanotechnology in the agricultural and food industry;
• Focus on key areas where nanoscience and nanotechnology can impact agricultural production systems, food and biological industries;
• Identify and address potential barriers for adoption of nanotechnology solutions in the agri-food industries.
Suresh Neethirajan is an Assistant Professor of Bionanotechnology at the School of Engineering, University of Guelph. He is also a board member of the Grand River Chapter of the Professional Engineers Ontario. Information on bionanotechnology research at the University of Guelph can be found at http://www.bionanolab.ca.
I don’t usually include photographs but this radiates happiness,
Good luck to the organizers, may your conference be very, very popular!