I got another (see my May 14, 2012 posting about Singapore’s 2012 fellow programme) announcement for a student programme being funded in Singapore,
Undergraduate and graduate students in science, technology, research and engineering can experience the exciting city of Singapore by applying for the Experience@Singapore: Research Summer Internships. From Nov. 15, 2012 to March 1, 2013, the program is accepting applications for internships in one of the most exciting cities in Asia – a globally-ranked city that combines Western cosmopolitan standard of living with the rich history and cultural diversity of the East.
The program offers:
- Opportunities to interact and be mentored by senior research talent
- Exposure to research opportunities available in Singapore
- A taste of Asia’s cultural diversity
- Monthly stipend of SGD 1,500 (approximately US $1,200)
- one-time travel allowance of SGD 1,500 (approximately US $1,200) for students travelling from U.S. to Singapore
The internship is open to outstanding students with the following criteria:
- Minimum of a “B” grade average;
- In his /her 3rd or 4th year of undergraduate studies or pursuing a master’s degree in any discipline of computer, life and natural / physical sciences; all branches of engineering; technology and medicine;
- Ability to commit to an internship period of at least three months.
Applications for the Experience@Singapore program are ContactSingapore.sg/ExperienceSG/Research/Jul2013
Experience@Singapore is an initiative of Contact Singapore (ContactSingapore.sg), a Singapore government agency that aims to attract global talent to live, work and invest in Singapore.
The internship program is just an example of how Singapore is investing in R&D. From 2011-2015, it plans to invest an additional US $13 billion to establish itself as a research powerhouse in Asia. The country offers not only strong public funding, significant industry partnerships and state-of-the-art infrastructure, but also a diverse and international scientific community consisting of many nationalities.
There’s still lots of time to write up your application and Good luck! BTW, the internships start July 2013.