Here’s the information from Euractiv JobSite for the Policy Officer on Chemicals and Nanotechnology position at the EEB – European Environmental Bureau (note: I have edited this so you may want to check out the full job posting here),
1 to 3 years
The EUROPEAN ENVIRONMENTAL BUREAU [EEB] a federation of more than 140 environmental citizens’ organisations based in Brussels, has a vacancy for a POLICY OFFICER on Chemicals and Nanotechnology
The Policy Officer will report to the Director of EEB’s Policy Unit:
Her/his work will focus on policy and implementation in the areas of chemicals (notably REACH, EQS directive, horizontal issues such EDCs and cocktail effects) and nanotechnology.
The Policy Officer’s work comprises:
- Liasing with EEB members and coordinating the relevant EEB Working Groups to promote activities to influence EU decision-making in the areas of chemicals and nanotechnology.
- Advising and assisting members and the EEB Secretary General in drafting EEB position papers.
- Representing the EEB and defending its positions in relevant meetings or conferences.
- Coordination of experts taking part in the working group activities (as appropriate).
- Dealing with media in collaboration with the Policy Unit and the Communications Unit.
Qualities and Experiences sought:
The selected candidate should:
- Have a strong technical background in the relevant issues, including proven knowledge and at least 2 years experience in the field of chemicals, including in particular risk/hazard assessment.
- Have experience in environmental policy work, including analysis of policy proposals, and formulation and presentation of oral and written comments/proposals for change
- Have a sound grasp of the operation of EU Institutions and EU chemicals legislation, in particular REACH.
- Be fluent in English (spoken and written). Other widely-used EU languages are an asset.
- Be prepared to work outside normal office hours, if necessary, and to travel at short notice.
- a gross monthly salary in the range €3,209 to €3.449 (depending on level of experience), plus benefits [holiday bonus, 13th month, pension scheme, luncheon vouchers]
- a dynamic working environment
Start Date: as soon as possible
Please send in your application with your C.V.
to Pieter de Pous, EEB Policy Director
by Monday, 23 April 2012
e-mail : email@example.com
That’s an impressive set of job benefits especially for someone with one to three years experience.